Saturday, January 21, 2012

Overture to Today!

Hello Random People!

What did I do today?
Today, I went to go see the Santa Rosa Symphony rehearse! They were amazing, as usual! And now I know people in the symphony, which made the experience of seeing them more exciting!
The pieces we heard today were Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto No. 25 in C major for piano and orchestra, k. 503, Sergei Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 3 in A minor, Opus 44, and a surprise piece! It was the Overture to Die Fledermaus! :) It was a great show; I'm amazed at how well those kinds of groups perform in rehearsals, especially when the is a full theatre of people watching them! Incredible! I am also very happy that I got to spend the concert with some of my family members, including my younger cousin who is a musical genius. I loved how excited he was during the entire rehearsal! :)

What am I thinking about?
Why am I structuring my blog with a question and paragraph answer? I'm so weird. My dad walked in, I told him to read my blog, haha. Hi dad! I really feel like talking about music! So here we go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um89ylS0PMM
This piece is called "The Funeral", a oringinal composition by Greg Edmonson. It's from the show Firefly, which I the nerd love dearly. I am obssesed with this piece for many reasons, one of them being how much it truly effects my emotionally.
In this episode, this piece is played a few times in the episode, including a scene where a character passes away and the characters take his body back to his home. The character who dies, Tracey recorded a message for the chrarcters to hear (with the song in the background):
Uh, okay. Uh, recording. Hi, I guess. This is a message for Zoƫ, and for Malcolm Reynolds. And I really hope you all are the ones listening to it. I'll spare you the boring details. I've fallen in with untrustworthy folk. Makin' a bunch of bad calls. All that matters is I expect to be shuffled off. And you two are the only people I trust to get me where I'm going, which is home. I'd like my body to be with my folks on St. Albans. We got the family plot there, and my Mom and Dad, well, they deserve to know I died. You know, it's funny. We went to the war never lookin' to come back, but it's the real world I couldn't survive. You two carried me through that war. Now I need you to carry me just a little bit further, if you can. Tell my folks I wanted to do right by them and that I'm at peace, and all. When you can't run anymore, you crawl, and when you can't do that, well-- Yeah, you know the rest. Thanks, both of you. Oh, yeah, and make sure my eyes is closed, will ya?
There is ALOT more plot in this episode, but just like Tracey, I wil spare you the details. Why does this piece always slip across my mind? Well, in the words of a random youtuber - These notes just touch your very soul every time your listening to them. I full heartedly agree; this music truly displays emotion with each note. The message of the piece also gets to me; I mean everytime I listen to it I start to cry, Maybe this piece connects me to death, or a grieving emotion that I have felt before in the past. Maybe the piece is just so simple and breath taking that I can;t stand. All I can say is Bravo Greg Edmonson, bravo.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl... and when you can't do that --You find someone to carry you...

As a closer, I asked some of my friend from a 2012 Resolutions page to ask me random questions. Why? Because a dear friend of my, Rachelle :), did this for her blog and I wanted to copy her. So here are the questions and answers!

If you had to trade places with another person from the 2012 Resolutions page, who would it be and why?~ That is a very good question. I feel like everyone lives such different and yet similiar lives that I would learn so much from each person! Hmmm, who would I switch with? I had to check the list to remember everyone who is in the group! Haha! I think I would switch with two people, depending on the circumstances. If it was temporary, I would choose Raina. I love how brave she was to leave home to go to school farther away, and how different her school life is from mine. However, I don't know if I could be that far away from the people I spend my life with here for too long. She's truly incredible for doing that! :)
If ithe change was a chance to try something new, I would say Brendada! I love how intelligent she is, and how amazing she is at debate. I would love to experience her life and the feild of debating. Sure, I got A's on debating assignments in high school, but I have a feeling that real debate is much different. I also just adore Brendada and would love the chance to be here! XD You're awesome Brendada!


What do you love most about yourself?
This is very hard to answer, and I will tell you why. Because my view of myself changes constantly. I guess it really depends on the day, or events of the week. Right now, I love how my mind works. Yes it's a very strange brain, but I love how I can soak up knowledge, and really think outside of the box. I also love my imagination; everyday I come up with a new story by daydreaming or just spacing out, I'm just never near paper when I think of one! Finally, I love being a musician :)

Is there anyone you've known or met that you've just really truly hated?
Honestly, I don't think so. I have met people who have made me feel uncomfortable, sad or even angry, but to "hate", such a strong word. Unfortunately, I have met people who weren't who I thought they were, or betrayed other's trust; yet I can't think of anyone I know who I can truthfully say that I have hated. No, I'm most certain I haven't met anyone who I have hated. Also, every person deserves to be loved, and the thought of hating scares me.
QUESTIONS ANSWERED! The challenge was accepted and defeated. So now I'll ask YOU a question!
Is there a song, piece or anything with music that moves you emotionally? If so, please comment below! I'd love to hear/see them!
Good night Universe!

4 comments:

  1. 1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Beccaca I love youuu.

    2. Of course you don't hate anyone. You're Becca, haha.

    3. Salty Eyes by The Matches. I'll write a post about why sometime, but until then, here's the song. http://vimeo.com/3060276

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, today's debate adventure was that one of my high schooler's team vans caught on fire in front of San Quentin. My students caught fire in front of prison. Because of course they did.
      (Everyone's fine. Nobody got hurt, so now it's just hilarious.)

      Delete
    2. I can't believe that happened!!! My gosh, adventure time indeed! I bet you could write a novel on you debate stories! Yes, it shall be called "Debating Strategies, Techniques and Random Stories", lol!
      And I love ya toooooo!

      Oh, wow I can see why you get emotionally moved by that song! "When you belong to a song, salty eyes, you belong". It got me all salty eyed too!!! I can't to hear why you picked it!

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm well I usually need visuals with a song to get really emotional about it, but I think the titanic song at the end and Evanescence's song Imagination would do the trick.

    ReplyDelete